- Public Affairs
- New Resident Information
New Resident Information
Welcome to York County! Located in the heart of the Virginia Peninsula, York County stretches 27 miles from Williamsburg to Hampton and covers 108 square miles. The County is 20 minutes from the Port of Hampton Roads and less than an hour from Richmond. With more than 200 miles of coastline along the York River and Chesapeake Bay, waterfront property is abundant.
The County is adjacent to James City County, the Cities of Williamsburg, Newport News, Hampton, and Poquoson. York County is part of the Hampton Roads area, which ranks 31st in population in the United States.
Digital New Resident Packet
- Welcome New Residents
- New Resident Checklist
- Board of Supervisors Meetings and Procedures
- Local, State and Federal Elected Officials
- Latest County News
- Residential Curbside Garbage and Recycling Program
- Household Chemical Collections
- Guide to Library Services
- Guide to York County Taxes
- Homeowner's Guide to a Healthy Stormwater Drainage System
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Mastering the Mosquito
- York County Public Works, VDOT or Your HOA - Who Do You Call?
VOLUNTEER / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Events, Festivals & Activities
- Historic Yorktown Map and Guide
- York County Shopping and Dining Guide
- Visit Yorktown Brochure
Request a printed new resident packet from York County.