Greater Williamsburg Regional Kinship Program
Support and assistance to the relatives of children who are not involved in a foster or adoptive placement.
A kinship caregiver is a relative by blood or marriage who has been placed in the role of caregiver for a child. This may be a grandparent, aunt, uncle, sibling or other relative. The home arrangement may be formal or informal; temporary or permanent.
- Assist kinship caregivers in utilizing services to meet the needs of the children they are raising
- Promote effective partnerships among public and private agencies to provide resources and support to families
- Develop an information and referral system to assist kinship caregivers and youth
- Develop partnerships with community agencies who may interact with relative caregivers
- Provide in-service training to community partners and relative caregivers
- Establish a kinship council
Kinship Navigator Services Referral Form (Redirected to James City County Department of Social Services)