BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
COUNTY OF YORK
July 20, 2021
301 Main Street
The meeting will be held upstairs in the Board Room and will follow the Work Session Format
Call to Order
Reverend Barbara Lemon, Shiloh Baptist Church
Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America
A Special Recognition. Receive presentation from Terry Banez, Greater Williamsburg Business Council.
B Employee Service Recognitions. Receive presentation from Neil Morgan, County Administrator.
CITIZENS' COMMENT PERIOD
COUNTY ATTORNEY REPORTS AND REQUESTS
COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS AND REQUESTS
MATTERS PRESENTED BY THE BOARD
6:55 p.m. RECESS
7:00 p.m. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Application No. UP-967-21, Magruder/Tabb Animal Hospital. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-93 to authorize a veterinary hospital without outside runs at 3525 Hampton Highway. CONTINUED TO AUGUST 17 MEETING
2. Application UP-966-21, Cellco Partnership. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-99 to authorize a 199-foot self-supporting monopole communications tower with associated ground-mounted equipment at 124 West Queens Drive. APPROVED
a. Memorandum from County Administrator.
b. Planning Commission minutes excerpts, May 12, 2021.
c. Zoning Map.
e. Sketch Plan.
f. Photo Simulations.
g. Aerial Network Map.
h. FAA Determination.
i. Email Chain from Dominion Energy.
j. Citizen Comments.
k. Proposed Resolution R21-99.
3. Application No. UP-968-21, Dirty Quads Motorsports and Graphics LLC. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-102 to authorize a motorcycle sales establishment without body work and painting on a 6.5 acre parcel within the Village Square at Kiln Creek shopping center. APPROVED
4. State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF). Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-95 to appropriate $6,631,295 in the Fiscal Year 2021 Budget for federal funding received from the American Rescue Plan Act. APPROVED
5. Amend York County Code Section 21-7.3. Consider adoption of proposed Ordinance No. 21-9 to amend York County Code § 21-7.3 to allow administrative approval of tax refunds up to $5,000 without the necessity for Board Action. APPROVED
UNFINISHED BUSINESS None.
6. KDC Solar Special Use Permit Extension. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-98 to approve a two-year extension of a previously approved Special Use Permit for a solar energy facility on property located at 1801 Penniman Road. APPROVED
7. Approval of Minutes. Consider approval of the minutes of the following meetings of the York County Board of Supervisors: APPROVED
8. Riverwalk Parking Terrace Repairs. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-92 to authorize a contract with Contracting Specialists Incorporated DC for performing Yorktown Riverwalk landing parking terrace repairs. APPROVED
9. Design Build Contract for Fire Station 7. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-100 to authorize a contract with Henderson, Inc. for the design and construction of Fire Station Seven. APPROVED
10. Traffic Signal at Bulifants Blvd. and Mooretown Road. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-101 to execute a contract with Bryant-Ritter Hewitt for the construction of traffic signals at Bulifants Boulevard and Mooretown Road. APPROVED
11. County Capital Projects Debt Reimbursement. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-75 declaring its intent to reimburse itself from the proceeds of one or more tax-exempt financings for expenditures made in connection with the Capital Improvements approved in the adopted Capital Improvements Program. APPROVED
12. School Capital Projects Debt Reimbursement. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-76 declaring its intent to reimburse itself from the proceeds of tax-exempt financings for expenditures made in connection with the Capital Improvements for School projects. APPROVED
13. Amendment of Rule of Procedure 1-9, Remote Participation in Board Meetings. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-105 to amend York County Code Section 1-9 regarding remote participation in Board meetings. APPROVED
14. Commendation of a Retiring Employee. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-94 to commend Deputy, Carl Phillips, York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office, on the occasion of his retirement from County service. APPROVED
Regular Meetings and Work Sessions of the Board of Supervisors that are held in York Hall air live on WYCG-TV Cox Cable Channel 46, Verizon Channel 38, and live on-line at www.yorkcounty.gov/tv.
The next Regular Meeting of the York County Board of Supervisors will be held at 6:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 3, 2021, in the Board Room, York Hall.
NOTE: Actions taken by the Board of Supervisors pertaining to discussions in Closed Meeting or to issues not on, or unrelated to, this published agenda will be noted in the archives of this meeting.