Court Schedule & Continuance Policies
The Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court schedule is subject to changes without advanced notice.
- Monday: No court / mediation day
- Tuesday: Civil and criminal cases
- Wednesday: No court
- Thursday: Criminal and juvenile traffic cases
- Friday: Civil cases
Schedule for Specific Trials
- Adult Counsel Determinations (Civil): Friday at 8:30 a.m.
- Contested Custody/Visitation/Support cases set by Judge: 3rd Tuesday at 9 a.m. to Noon / 1st, 3rd, and 5th Friday at 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. / Tuesday at 2 p.m.
- DCSE Child Support Show Causes: 2nd and 4th Friday at 10 a.m.
- Driver's License Presentations: Thursday at 3 p.m. (as needed).
- Juvenile and Adult Counsel Determinations (Criminal): Thursday at 8:30 a.m.
- Juvenile and Adult Criminal Trials: 1st, 2nd, and 4th Tuesday at 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. / Thursday 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Juvenile and Adult Dispositions: Tuesday and Thursday at 9:30 a.m.
- Juvenile Traffic Dispositions: Thursday at 1:45 p.m.
- Juvenile Traffic Trials: Thursday at 2 p.m.
- Petitions/Protective Orders: Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. / Thursday at 9:30 a.m. / Friday at 11:30 a.m.
- Preliminary Custody/Visitation: Friday at 8:30 a.m.
- Support: Friday at 9 a.m. (2nd and 4th Friday of each month are DCSE support cases only)
- Video Arraignments/Detention Hearings/Bond Hearings: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 8:45 a.m.
You must submit a motion for continuance (criminal) to our Court prior to the court date. Motions (custody/visitation/support) are available at the Clerk's office or on the forms page. The rules for continuances are as follows:
- Continuances will not be granted the day of Court
- Only the Judge can grant a continuance
You can call the Clerk's Office at 757-890-3470 to request continuing the case to the officer's next available date in our Court.