The residential sewer rate is $54.00 every other month.
Sewer maintenance rates are based on the cost of maintenance and rehabilitation of the County's sanitary sewer infrastructure and seventy-plus pump stations, as well as for the capital improvement expenditures necessary to meet the requirements of the Hampton Roads Regional Consent Order executed with the Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Environmental Quality, effective September 26, 2007.
|Solid Waste & Recycling
||Monthly Rate||Bi-Monthly Billing|
|Curbside Garbage and Recycling
|Garbage Only Service||$21.50||$43.00|
|Recycling Only Service||$7.50||$15.00|
|Garbage and Recycling - Senior Citizen Rate
|Garbage and Recycling - Low Income||$15.00*||$30.00*|
|Extra Charge for Backyard Service||$12.25||$24.50|
|Extra Charge for Long / Private Driveway||$16.00||$32.00|
|Extra Charge for Additional Container||$10.00||$20.00|
* Low Income Rate available for those households that qualify. Call 890-3780 for details.
We offer several convenient ways to pay your bill:
- In person at the Treasurer’s Office or in the Drop Box on the front of the building located at 120 Alexander Hamilton Blvd
- By mail - checks should be made payable to Treasurer, York County, and mailed to PO Box 10, Yorktown, VA 23690
- Automatically with SmartPay - your payment is automatically deducted from your checking or savings account on the due date
- Online — with E-Check or credit card PLEASE NOTE - Payments made after 5:00 pm will be credited the following business day.
- By Phone - 1-877-690-3729. Enter Jurisdiction Code 1069 and select option 1 to pay the Utility Bill. (Payments are made through an outside agency called Forte with a credit card only.) ***** There is an extra charge to use a credit card for this option.*****