The Division of Stormwater and Grounds Maintenance provides responsive and cost-effective services in the areas of mosquito control, stormwater operations and grounds maintenance.
The Division regularly performs construction and cleaning of drainage easements, erosion control and beach maintenance at the Yorktown waterfront. During storms and following inclement weather, the Division is tasked with performing storm debris cleanup and snow removal of York County facilities and grounds.
- Athletic field construction and landscape maintenance throughout the County
- Beach sand replenishment at Yorktown Beach and weekly scheduled grooming and cleaning
- Construction and maintenance of York County Drainage easements
- Maintenance of County Stormwater Management Ponds
- Management of landscape installation and landscape renovations at the Yorktown waterfront and Riverwalk Landing
- Public outreach for an integrated mosquito management program
- Re-lamping of athletic field lights at County schools and parks