Stormwater Management seeks to:
- Develop and implement a public education and outreach program on stormwater issues.
- Identify drainage problems and develop priorities for stormwater drainage projects.
- Increase public involvement and participation in stormwater issues.
- Provide increased citizen access to county staff for stormwater and drainage issues.
The Stormwater Program:
- Manages the County's Chesapeake Bay program
- Manages the County's erosion and Sediment Control program
- Manages the Virginia Stormwater Management Program (VSMP) permit for York County drainage facilities
- Oversees the design and construction of drainage facilities in York County drainage easements
- Manages the County's Tidal Wetlands Programs
- Manages the FEMA Flood Insurance and Community Rating System
- Reviews development and site plans for stormwater regulatory compliance