Congratulations DPW Engineer Amy Green!!
York County DPW is proud to congratulate Amy Green on her outstanding achievement in recently becoming a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)! Amy graduated from Old Dominion University in 2001 with a degree in Civil Engineering. In August of 2011, she joined York County’s Environmental & Development Services Dept. (which later became DPW.) In her position as a Stormwater Engineer, Amy is responsible for plans review, field inspections, project management, and citizen, business, vendor and contractor interactions throughout project timelines. In addition to her P.E. license, Amy has completed the APWA Mid-Atlantic Public Works Institute Course and was a registered nurse prior to her transition to engineering. She is a dedicated and talented employee, and DPW is very proud of her achievement.
The P.E. licensure is the highest standard of competence in the engineering profession. In order to become licensed in the US, an individual must graduate from an accredited engineering program, pass the Fundamentals of Engineering exam, work for four years as an engineer (under a P.E.), and finally, pass the P.E. exam. This licensure requires a high level of dedication and commitment to the engineering profession.
Please join us in congratulating Amy on this accomplishment!
Stormwater Management seeks to:
- Develop and implement a public education and outreach program on stormwater issues.
- Identify drainage problems and develop priorities for stormwater drainage projects.
- Increase public involvement and participation in stormwater issues.
- Provide increased citizen access to county staff for stormwater and drainage issues.
The Stormwater Program:
- Manages the County's Chesapeake Bay program
- Manages the County's erosion and Sediment Control program
- Manages the Virginia Stormwater Management Program (VSMP) permit for York County drainage facilities
- Oversees the design and construction of drainage facilities in York County drainage easements
- Manages the County's Tidal Wetlands Programs
- Manages the FEMA Flood Insurance and Community Rating System
- Reviews development and site plans for stormwater regulatory compliance