Master Gardeners Help Desk
Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) Master Gardener Volunteers can answer your horticultural and environmental questions year round. Citizens can contact the Extension Horticulture Help Desk.
DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, OUR MASTER GARDENER HELP DESK CONVERTED TO A VIRTUAL FORMAT. You may email your problem or concern to email@example.com. Include in your email, your name, phone number, detailed information and good quality pictures (close-up and of the whole issue) and a Master Gardener Volunteer will get back with you.
VCE Master Gardener Volunteers can assist in:
- Diagnosing plant disease or insect problems
- Identifying plants and weeds
- Providing advice on lawn and plant care
- Providing other Virginia Tech VCE research-based information and publications relating to landscape and gardening issues
UPDATE: Starting October 1, 2021, samples that are sent to Virginia Tech Plant Disease clinic for diagnosis will incur a $35 charge.
How to Make a Payment for Sample Submission to the Virginia Tech Plant Disease Clinic
- Access the York County/Poquoson Virginia Cooperative Extension Office Destiny One Payment website with the following url: https://tinyurl.com/VCE-PDC-York
- If this is the first time you have paid for a sample in Destiny One, you will have to create an account. If you already have an account, skip to Step 3.
- Follow the directions on the Destiny One payment page to complete your payment.
- When you have completed your payment print a hard or digital copy of the payment receipt. A payment receipt must be included with a digital or physical submission. Bring the payment receipt to the York/Poquoson VCE office along with the physical submission. If you are only submitting a digital sample, you may email them all to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you are unable or do not wish to pay by credit card via the Destiny One Payment website, you may pay by check or cash at the York County/Poquoson Virginia Cooperative Extension Office. The Plant Disease Clinic will not accept check or cash for payment.