Floodplain & Flood Insurance Information

York County's FEMA FIRM Maps dated January 16, 2015 are the maps now used by Insurance and Mortgage companies.  Check Property Information to see how this affects your property.

York County Ordinance Chapter 24.1 - 373 specifies requirements for development in the floodplain.

York County's original FEMA Federal Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) is dated December 16, 1988. Any house built prior to that date without substantial improvements or additions is considered a Pre-Firm structure.

Flood Zone

To see the flood zone on your property and make a map of it go to the Property Information Search and complete the following steps:
  1. Enter Site
  2. Type in address and click search
  3. Click on the address to open up the details
  4. On the "Details" tab and the "Site Tab" Flood Zone designations and Base Flood Elevations for the property are shown
  5. On the "Map" tab, view the map of the property.
  6. On the Map Layer on the left side, check "Building" under "Property", and "Flood Zone" under "Environmental".
This will show the flood zones with buildings - you can zoom in or out for better detail.

If you want to print it, go back to the "Details" tab and select "Printer-Friendly".

View FEMA Maps

You can type in your address on that site, and make a FIRMETTE of the map over your property.

York County's mapping information is the same as FEMA's. Please keep in mind that these boundaries are approximate. It is always recommended that you obtain flood insurance if you are concerned about flooding even if you are not in an AE Flood Zone.

If your building is mapped in a AE Flood Zone but you don't think you really are, you can do a FEMA Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA). This information is also on their website but you will need to hire a surveyor to do an Elevation Certificate for your property. The surveyor can also do a LOMA for you.