OverDrive's latest update to the Libby app offers eight fun features to make it easier to download and enjoy your favorite eBooks and audiobooks! Here's what's new:
- You can now borrow and place holds on the same title at different libraries. The color of the gem icon reflects which library you've borrowed or placed a title on hold from.
- Gems quickly offer helpful information and actions like renewing or returning titles early. Gems feature color patterns specific to the library that the book comes from.
- You can now borrow directly from your Tags shelf.
- For books you've started reading you'll now see a progress bar on your loans shelf indicating how far along you are.
- Shelf tips provide information about your books, including when titles are ready to renew, how many other users are waiting, and prompts to early return.
- The Shelf Summary highlights your current read, new and expiring loans, holds that are ready to borrow, and other information about your books
- Tapping the calendar icon by titles on your holds shelf provides your estimated wait time for an item, the number of people waiting, and how you've progressed in the line.
- Search results have been paginated so you can jump to any page in the library list by tapping on the page number dropdown.
For more information about the updates, check out the article, 8 New Libby features to help you read more, posted on the OverDrive blog on Feb. 12, 2019.