Beginning Monday, November 16 and continuing through January 29, York County residents who reside on publicly maintained streets or roads can place an unlimited number of clear bags of leaves at the front roadside for collection every other week.
Residents who live in private communities or on privately maintained streets or roads may bring leaves to the closest public roadway for collection. In addition, ALL RESIDENTS may bring leaves year-round to the VPPSA Compost Facility located at 145 Goodwin Neck Road, Monday through Saturday, 8am—4pm.
For leaf collection purposes, the County is divided into two zones:
- Northern Zone includes all homes on and north of Dare Road, including neighborhoods along Wolf Trap Road, Goodwin Neck Road, and homes in and near Marlbank, Edgehill, Queens Lake, Hubbard’s Lane, Skimino, and Lightfoot. Collection weeks for the Northern Zone will be:
November 16 November 30 December 14
December 28 January 11 January 25 (Final Sweep)
- Southern Zone includes all homes south of Dare Road, including neighborhoods in Grafton, Tabb, Brandywine, Coventry, Kiln Creek, Calthrop Neck Road neighborhoods, Running Man, and Carys Chapel Road area. Collection weeks for the Southern Zone will be:
November 23 December 7 December 21
January 4 January 18 January 25 (Final Sweep)
In order to ensure collection, bags must be at the front roadside by 7 a.m. on the Monday of your collection week. Pick up will be completed by the end of the week. The following rules apply:
- Bags must not exceed 40 lbs. in weight
- Only clear bags are collected and must not have drawstrings. Bags must be no thicker than one millimeter.
- Bags containing other yard debris (sticks, etc.) and/or pet waste will not be accepted
York County participates in a regional de-bagging operation performed at the VPPSA Compost Facility. Please help us with this program by purchasing clear bags no thicker than one millimeter and without drawstrings.
For additional information, please call York County Waste Management at (757) 890-3780.