The York County Beautification Committee is giving away a limited number of free native redbud trees! Applications will be reviewed by committee for approval. Limit 1 tree per application.
- Trees must be planted within 30 days of distribution and must be watered regularly until planted
- Trees should be returned if they cannot be planted
- Trees must be planted on property that has appropriate conditions and adequate space to support the tree (redbud trees grow 20 – 30 feet, and spread 25 – 35 feet at maturity)
- Tree area should be mulched to protect from lawn mowers and weed whips
- Applicants must commit to care for the tree for at least the first year after planting
- Applicants are encouraged to share photos of the trees as they grow, so we can track the progress