York County Public Libraries will reopen to the general public on Tuesday, August 4, with modified hours of operation:
Sunday - Closed
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 10 am to 7 pm
Wednesday - 10 am to 7 pm
Thursday - 10 am to 7 pm
Friday - 10 am to 5 pm
Saturday - 10 am to 5 pm
“Thank you for your continued support during the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Library Director Kevin Smith. “The safety of our community, patrons, and staff is our highest priority. With that in mind, we’ve had to make some modifications to our services.”
Here’s what you can expect when visiting the library:
- Masks or other face coverings will be required to enter the Library. All patrons and library staff will be required to wear masks for the entire time that they are in the Library.
- There will be a limit of 25 patrons allowed in the Yorktown Library at any given time and a limit of 50 patrons allowed in the Tabb Library at any given time.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to practice social distancing guidelines while in the library. Red floor markers indicate appropriate distances from public service desks. Also, some furniture has been removed to accommodate social distancing.
- The first hour of each day, 10-11 a.m., will be reserved for seniors and at-risk customers.
- A reduced number of computers will be available on a limited basis.
- Notary service will be available by appointment only. Call the Reference Department at Tabb, (757) 890-5120, or Yorktown, (757) 890-5207, to make an appointment.
- All in-person library events, programs, and activities remain canceled at Tabb and Yorktown.
- Study rooms and meeting rooms will not be available at this time.
- Book donations will not be accepted at this time.
- All returned items will continue to be quarantined for at least 72 hours.
- Book drops will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Curbside service will not be available on Monday, August 3, due to the revised operating schedule beginning August 4.
- Curbside pickup will be available Tuesday through Saturday beginning August 4. Hours will be from 11-6 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays and 11- 4 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. If you need special accommodations, contact the Circulation Department at Tabb, (757) 890-5130, or Yorktown, (757) 890-5205.
“To help everyone stay safe while visiting the library, please wash your hands frequently, practice social distancing, wear a face covering, and stay home if you’re sick,” said Smith. “We’re looking forward to opening our doors and welcoming you back.”