- Public Library
- Using the Library
- Library Cards
Your York County Public Library card opens the door to a world of information. The Library offers books, DVDs, CDs, eBooks, audiobooks, digital magazines, electronic resources, Internet access and more.
My Library Card
Renew items, place holds, review holds and view overdue items on your account through the My Account feature in the online library catalog. Enter the barcode from the back of your library card to access your account.
Apply for a Library Card
York County Public Library cards are available to all residents of the Commonwealth of Virginia, ages 4 and over, free of charge. To issue a library card to a new patron, the Library requires:
- Proof of Identity such as a driver's license, military ID or passport.
- Proof of Address such as a bill, printed checkbook or automobile registration with the patron's current address.
- Completed application for a York County Public Library card. Applications are available at the Circulation and Reference desk. The application is also available to download (PDF), complete, print, and bring to the Circulation desk on your next visit to the library. A parent or legal guardian must sign the application for patrons ages 4 to 16.
- 21 Days for most books in general circulation, large print books, audiobooks on CD, music CDs, and all magazines except the current issue. Items can be renewed if not on hold for another patron.
- 14 Days for books designated as new, Caldecott and Newbery Award books, OverDrive eBooks and audiobooks, and RBdigital eBooks and audiobooks. New items are renewable if not on hold.
- 7 Days for all videos. Items are renewable if not on hold.
You may renew your items in person at the Library, by phone or online. Call the Tabb Library, 757-890-5130, during library operating hours to renew items by telephone. You may renew items online 24 hours a day through the My Account feature in the library catalog. You must have your library card number to renew online. Note that items can be renewed no more than two times in succession.
Items may be returned to the Tabb Library regardless of where you checked them out. Items may also be placed in the book drop at Tabb or in the standalone book drop at the Grafton Annex (beginning June 1, 2021). Items returned in the book drop before opening will be checked in as if they were returned the previous day.
Fines & Lost/Damaged Items
Replacement cost and a processing fee will be charged on all materials lost or damaged beyond repair. The processing fee for adult materials is $5 per item and juvenile materials is $3 per item. Fines for overdue Interlibrary Loan materials are $1 per day per item. Patrons may use Visa/MasterCard, checks and cash to pay fines and fees.
Lost Library Cards
A library card that is lost is replaced once free of charge. There is a $2 charge for subsequent replacements.