York County Public Library's OverDrive Magazine Collection is now available through a partnership with the Library of Virginia. This is the same great digital collection of over 3,000 magazines from around the world. Start reading now from a web browser through the Library of Virginia's OverDrive Collection or in the Libby app.
Access through Web Browser
- Go to the Library of Virginia's OverDrive Magazine Collection.
- Click the "Sign In" button in the top right of the page.
- Use the drop-down "Select your library" menu to choose York County Public Library.
- Enter your York County Public Library (YCPL) card number and click "Sign in."
- Find a magazine and click "Borrow."
Access through Libby App
The free Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital magazines, books, and audiobooks from your Library. Libby is available for Android, iOS, and in your browser at libbyapp.com.
- Open the Libby app on your device.
- Open the settings menu by tapping on the Libby icon.
- In the settings menu, tap "Add Library."
- Search for "Library of Virginia."
- Tap the red box under "Matching Libraries" to access the Library of Virginia's collection.
- Scroll down to the section where it says, "Let's take a moment to sign into your Library of Virginia account. Where do you use your library card?" Tap "Choose Another Location" and select York County Public Library.
- Enter your YCPL card number and click "Sign in."
- Tap "Next."
- Scroll down to the "Guides" and tap the "Magazines" icon.
- Once you've found a magazine, tap the cover and then "Borrow." Your magazine is now available on your "Shelf."
- To switch back and forth between YCPL's and Library of Virginia's OverDrive Collection, open the settings menu by tapping the Libby icon. Under "Your Libraries," tap the Library of Virginia for magazines or YCPL for ebooks and audiobooks.
Magazines have a 21-day loan period with no checkout limit. Return magazines when you’re finished or they will automatically be returned at the end of the loan period. Magazines can be renewed as many times as you like.