The Arts Commission Advisory Board serves as the advisory body of the York County Board of Supervisors on matters; as a liaison between the Recreation Manager, Director of Community Services, the Board of Supervisors, and the citizens of the community. The York County Arts Commission administers a grant program with established guideline and criteria through which eligible arts organizations can apply to the County for funding. This board is responsible for reviewing funding requests from local arts organizations and recommends funding approval to the Board of Supervisors.
Individuals and organizations are eligible to receive a grant from the York County Arts Commission if:
- The organization is not-for-profit.
- They produce, present, or support dance, literary arts, media arts, music, theater, museums, visual and related arts.
- The activities are held in Williamsburg, James City County, or York County or are deemed to benefit citizens of York County if not held in these jurisdictions.
- The activities are handicapped accessible.
- Activity will take place during the fiscal year for which the grant is requested.
GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS:
The Project and/or Challenge Grant forms must be completed and submitted to the address listed below by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 1, 2022. This is not a postmark deadline. The information on the form(s) must pertain to the Fiscal Year 2023 requests for grants.
You can download the forms to your computer, print and then fill them out.
Completed forms should be delivered to:
York County Arts Commission
c/o York County Parks & Recreation
Minnie Sippio, Staff Liaison
P.O. Box 532
Yorktown, VA 23690
For questions and information contact Minnie Sippio at 890-4102 or email. Please add Arts Commission Inquiry in the subject line.