Megan Tierney, Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) Agriculture and Natural Resources Agent specializing in Environmental Horticulture, provides research based educational information to the public in York County and the City of Poquoson through multiple avenues including programs, outreach, volunteers, events, and customer service.
She manages the York/Poquoson VCE Master Gardeners, serves as the advisor to the Peninsula Chapter of the Virginia Master Naturalists, and advises the Coordinator of the Newport News Master Gardeners as a Faculty Member of Virginia Tech.
Megan received her Masters of Science in Management with a concentration in Leadership and Organizational Effectiveness from Troy University and received her Bachelors of Science in Biology with a concentration in Ornamental Horticulture from Christopher Newport University.
- Virginia Certified Horticulturist
- Category 10 Pesticide Educators License and is certified in ICS
She is a member of:
- Advisor to the Peninsula VCE Master Gardener Training Committee
- Board member and Advisor to the Peninsula Chapter of the Virginia Master Naturalists
- Board member with the Mid-Atlantic Horticulture Short Course
- Hampton Roads Alliance for Environmental Education
- National Association for County Agriculture Agents
- Virginia Association of Agricultural Extension Agents
- Virginia Nursery and Landscape Association