Helping your business establish or enhance virtual presence so you can reach more customers.
Having a positive, customer-focused online presence is an important part of running a successful business. This grant is for businesses that need to build a new website, add online payments/shopping to their existing site, or need help with social media page promotion, cybersecurity-related expenses, search engine optimization, or mobile app development.
WHAT IT COVERS
This is a 50% matching grant, providing up to $500 per business or $1,000 for women- or minority-owned businesses, for the purposes described above.
- Must have current York County business license at time of grant application. License must remain paid and active until one year after the date grant funds are received.
- Work cannot have started before application approved.
- Business cannot be in default or non-compliance with any county programs, ordinances, or taxes.
- Must sign up for our e-news, which provides business resource information including educational opportunities.
- Must complete approved projects within one year of grant approval.
- You must establish a new website and/or mobile app where none previously existed for your business, OR your existing website, app, and/or social media page or cybersecurity systems must be revamped or enhanced in tangible ways (e.g. accept online payments, add online shopping—catalog or cart, increase security of transactions, etc.).
DETAILS & EXCLUSIONS
- Recurring expenses do not qualify (e.g. hosting, monthly maintenance).
- Receipts must be paid in full by applicant and presented to York County showing a date after the grant approval date to be eligible for 50% reimbursement.
- Lifetime maximum grant of $500 per business (or $1,000 for women- or minority-owned businesses).
- Home-based businesses may apply.
- Non-profit entities are not eligible.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete, sign and submit the grant application. Include two quotes, a copy of your current business license and signed W-9. You may submit via:
- Email: EconDev@YorkCounty.gov
- Mail: York County Economic & Tourism Development, P.O. Box 612, Yorktown, VA 23690
- In person: 121 Alexander Hamilton Blvd., Yorktown, VA 23690
Receive our decision via email, along with an agreement to sign if approved. Begin the work once you return the signed agreement.