The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a group of middle and high school students who are dedicated to service to their community. TAB allows teens and tweens to have a voice in library programming and collection development for teens. TAB meets monthly to plan, discuss, and have fun.
What are the requirements to apply?
- Be in middle or high school
- Have a York County Public Library card
- Have parental permission
- Be enthusiastic about the library
- Be able to attend monthly meetings
What are the benefits of volunteering on the Teen Advisory Board?
- Develop communication and leadership skills
- Influence the type of programs the library offers for teens
- Earn volunteer service hours
- Gain volunteer experience for college applications
- Meet other teens who love to read
- Have a voice in your community
Interested in joining the Teen Advisory Board?
Call 757-890-5110 or email the Youth Services Department for information about the next application period.