The York County E-Commerce Grant Program is a partnership of the York County Economic Development Authority and Office of Economic Development. The program was created to encourage e-commerce development of York County's private businesses.
This grant program awards matching grants only; on a first-come, first-served basis. The grants are for design work only. Annual Maintenance or Service Fees (i.e. Internet Service Provider, Priority Listing, Domain Name, or Website Hosting Fees) are not eligible for grant funds.
Grants are 50 percent of total project costs up to $500 per business. Minority and women owned businesses (SWAM Certification required
) may receive a matching grant up to $1,000.
- Businesses must have a current York County Business License.
- The web site must not contain illegal or adult material.
- A new website must be established, where none previously existed for the applicant; or, the applicant's existing web page must be revamped or enhanced to accept online payments and/or to offer online shopping (catalog or cart).
Applicant must first download and print the APPLICATION
Applicant contacts at least two website providers to get a minimum of two quotes for the work they want done.
Applicant completes, signs, and submits the grant application (including both quotes and indicating the chosen provider) via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (757-890-6670), mail (York County Economic Development, P.O. Box 612, Yorktown, VA 23690), or in person (224 Ballard Street in Historic Yorktown).
York County Economic Development staff will send notification to the applicant acknowledging receipt of their application.
Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis by the York County Economic Development Authority.
York County Economic Development staff will send a letter or email to the applicant informing them of the decision. If approved, then this letter is the authority for the applicant to begin work.
Website provider completes the project as quoted.
- Applicant business pays the website provider in full and submits paid receipts and/or copy of returned checks to the York County Office of Economic Development .
- York County Economic Development staff will verify completion of the project as quoted and provide grant payment to the applicant business.
Submit Application via:
Mail: York County Economic Development, P.O. Box 612, Yorktown, VA 23690
In person: York County Economic Development, 224 Ballard St., Yorktown, VA 23690