York County Utility Bills (recycling, sewer maintenance, trash and water service for some residents) are due by 5:00 pm on the 15th every February, April, June, August, October and December.
Customers enrolled in Smart Pay, pay their Utility Bill by having a checking account Automatically Debited on the date the bill is due.
- Complete an Authorization Form, print and sign.
- Attach a voided check for a personal/business checking account and
Mail to: Smart Pay Enrollment, PO Box 251, Yorktown VA 23690-0251
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to: (757) 890 - 3439
- On the due date, your York County Utility Bill will be paid by automatic debit from a bank account.
Authorization Form and voided check must be received in the Treasurer's office 6 weeks prior to the due date, to accumulate in the Utility Billing cycle.
To change the bank account that your York County Utility Bill is being debited from - Send a voided check at least 4 business days prior to the scheduled debit/due date through one of the following options:
- Mail to: Deborah B. Robinson, Treasurer
Smart Pay (Change), PO Box 251, Yorktown VA 23690-0251
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to: (757) 890 - 3439
Moving within the County and need to transfer Smart Pay
- Contact the Utility Billing Office at (757) 890 - 3702, they will assign a New Account Number for the new address.
- Notify the Treasurer at (757) 890 - 3420 of the New Account Number at least 4 business days prior to the scheduled debit/due date to remain enrolled in Smart Pay.
Cancelling Smart Pay
Cancellation Forms must be received 4 business days prior to the scheduled debit/due date.