Background Color:
 
Background Pattern:
Reset
Thursday, May 5, 2016


Phone: 757-890-3750   TDD: 757-890-3621 

Menu
Public Works

CONTACT

Public Works Admin Bldg.

105 Service Drive
Yorktown, VA 23692

Mailing Address

P.O. Box 532
Yorktown, VA 23690

Phone: 757-890-3750
TDD: 757-890-3621

Office Hours:
8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F

Who We Are

PUBLIC WORKS

In recent weeks, news of the Zika virus has been shared with people across the globe. Because this virus is spread via mosquitoes, York County (prone to a heavy mosquito population) has continued to monitor the virus and its progression into the United States.  The Zika virus causes the Zika disease, and is spread primarily from infected mosquitoes to humans.  The disease causes symptoms in approximately 20 percent of the population with the remaining 80 percent showing no symptoms.  However, Zika virus infection during pregnancy can cause serious birth defects – the first mosquito-borne virus confirmed to do so.  The links below are intended to help educate the public about this virus and what each of us can do to help prevent its spread.

WHO WE ARE

Mark L. Bellamy, Jr. - Director of General Services 
Mark Bellamy
Director of Public Works
757-890-3750 / Email Me
Brian Woodward, P.E., Deputy Director of Public Works
Brian Woodward, P.E. 
Deputy Director of Public Works
757-890-3750 / Email Me