November 18, 2019
Yorktown's Christmas Market on Main Street is the event shoppers look forward to all year. Vendors, artists, food trucks, strolling musicians, and antique cars will line the street in Historic Yorktown on Saturday, December 7, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. We'll have chestnuts roasting on an open fire, free kids' activities, a performance by the Fifes & Drums of York Town, and even a visit from Santa himself!
The diverse selection of vendors feature a little of everything - from alpaca products, to Christmas ornaments and wreaths, to Haitian metal art.
Guests can choose from a variety of menu options from Historic Yorktown dining establishments and other food vendors. Selections include clam chowder and soups; BBQ; peanuts & pretzels; nachos; kettle corn; breads and cheeses; and kid-friendly options like hot dogs!
The Peninsula Model Train Club will have a display in the lower level of York Hall from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and the York County Fire & Life Safety will have the department's oldest fire truck, a 1955 Dodge, parked at the corner of Main and Nelson Streets for most of the day. Pending the weather, additional antique cars will be along Main Street for guests to admire.
Entertainment & Demonstrations
- 10 a.m. Town Crier rings in the market. Performance by Fifes & Drums of York Town. Santa arrives on York County's earliest original fire truck to greet the crowd!
- 10 to 11 a.m. Santa walks down Main Street to mingle with kids.
- 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Dickens Trio, Strolling Instrumental Ensemble in period costume
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Santa greets folks at Riverwalk Landing
- 12:15 to 1:45 p.m. Santabones, Strolling Trombone Quartet
- 1 to 2 p.m. Santa returns to Main Street
Shopping & Local ArtGallery at York Hall
On the Hill Gallery
- Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Christmas in Yorktown Exhibit
- 10% off Mark Shields' pewter Christmas ornaments
Black Dog Gallery
- 10% off purchase
- Light refreshments
Mobjack Bay Coffee Roasters
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Holiday shell wreaths, pottery, floorcloths & unique gifts
Grace Church Parish Book & Gift Shop
- Holiday gift baskets, retail Christmas coffees, holiday teas, spiced wine
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Holiday gifts and unique ornaments
Be sure to visit all of Yorktown's shops, restaurants, galleries and museums. The Custom House
will display a special exhibit of antique Christmas ornaments. The York County Historical Museum
will share the Peninsula Model Train Club's display of antique model trains. The American Revolution Museum at Yorktown
(free to York County, James City County, and Williamsburg residents) is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., as well as the National Park Service Sites including the Yorktown Battlefield
and Nelson House
(open 1 to 4 p.m.).
The Watermen's Museum
is offering its holiday program, in partnership with SAVGR. From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Vikings of Yule Tide
takes guests through the ancient Norse influences on modern Christmas culture through demonstrations, games, and a proper Victorian display. St. Nicolas will also be on site to take photos.
The Yorktown Trolley runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will provide complimentary transportation throughout town. The Trolleys are heated and wheelchair accessible, and make several stops throughout town including the lots at the County Administration building, Yorktown Battlefield Visitor Center, Watermen's Museum, and American Revolution Museum at Yorktown. The Christmas market is co-sponsored by Village Events and York County
. Additional Event Info:
- York County Tourism Development: (757) 890-3500
- Facebook, Instagram & Twitter: Visit Yorktown
- #visityorktown and #york757
Additional photos available at https://bit.ly/2PKFs04.