York County’s free Christmas tree curbside collection program begins Monday, January 7, and continues through Friday, January 18. Residents must place their tree at the roadside by 7 a.m. on Monday, January 7, for collection during the next two weeks.
This program is available to all county communities, including those that do not subscribe to the county's curbside collection programs. In order to provide this service to those communities not on a curbside collection program, the county’s Waste Management division requires:
- approval from your Homeowners Association or community management group
- a designated drop-off site within your community where residents can bring their trees. The designated site needs to be in a location with access to the large knuckle boom truck used for collections.
In addition to curbside collection, all York County residents, including non-subscribers, may deliver their Christmas trees to the VPPSA Compost Facility, 145 Goodwin Neck Road, from Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. through the end of January. For curbside collection AND drop-off:
- trees must not be placed in tree bags
- all lights, tinsel, and ornaments must be removed
- trees must be placed without a tree stand
- trees larger than 6’ should be cut in half
For more information contact the Waste Management Center at 890-3780 or at www.yorkcounty.gov/wastemanagement.