August 23, 2018
The Virginia Symphony Orchestra, under the baton of Gonzalo Farias, returns to Yorktown at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, September 1, for its free 22nd annual outdoor concert. Visitors are encouraged to pack picnics, bring lawn chairs and blankets for seating, and arrive early for this spectacular night of music. The award-winning Fifes and Drums of York Town will take the stage at 6 p.m., and blue ribbons will be awarded to the most creative picnic set-ups prior to the event.
This concert is funded by community contributions from organizations, businesses, and individuals, along with the following sponsors: York County, York County Arts Commission, and the Virginia Commission for the Arts. The volunteer-run Celebrate Yorktown Committee of the Yorktown Foundation works diligently each year to raise the money needed to cover the costs of this special evening.
This performance draws a large crowd, so visitors are encouraged to keep the following important traffic reminders in mind:
Additional Event Info:
- Parking is available in the two-level parking terrace on Water Street, with handicapped parking located on the lower level.
- Additional parking can be found at the York-Poquoson Courthouse, County Administration Building, York Hall, and other designated lots throughout town.
- For this evening only, guests may utilize spaces at the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown beginning at 5 p.m.
- To ease the flow of traffic, no loading of any equipment, chairs, coolers, etc. into vehicles will be permitted during or at the conclusion of the concert at the corners of Water and Ballard Streets and Water and Buckner Streets.
- The Yorktown Trolley will not be available during and after the concert. Trolley service ends at 5:30 p.m.
- York County Tourism Development: 757-890-3500
- York County Event Weather Hotline: 757-890-3520
- Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter: @visityorktown #visityorktown