York County Arts Commission Grant Applications Due March 8
February 21, 2023
The York County Arts Commission invites individuals and organizations to apply for grants in the arts that benefit the citizens of York County. Grant applications are available online at www.yorkcounty.gov/arts. Submission deadline is 4 p.m. Wednesday, March 8.
The following criteria are applied to determine eligibility for a Project Grant:
- Not-for-profit and exempt from federal income tax under the internal revenue code provisions.
- Produce, present, or support dance, literary arts, media arts, music, theater, museums, visual and related arts.
- Perform or offer activities/services in York County, or in Williamsburg or James City County that also serve the citizens of York County.
- Performances, projects, or services are accessible to handicapped individuals and the public at large.
- Performances, projects, or services not held in York County, Williamsburg, or James City County, which are deemed by the Commission to directly benefit the citizens of York County.
- Grant money is not to be used for capital investment or operating expenses.
The York County Arts Commission is once again offering a Challenge Grant of up to $500 to promote citizen awareness of local and regional arts groups by showcasing their talents at various sites in York County. The grant provides funding support to eligible individuals and organizations to create and present their work, develop new programs, and increase opportunities for visual and performing arts groups to promote interest in their organizations.
Grant funding recommendations will be made later this spring. Pending approval by the York County Board of Supervisors, funds will be appropriated in the summer after the start of the new fiscal year, which begins July 1.
For more information, please contact Minnie Sippio, the Arts Commission liaison, at 757-890-4102 or email email@example.com.