April 10 Status Update: The Latest from York County
This email is part of an ongoing status update from York County.
New Information re: County Programs/Services Clerk of Circuit Court
- The Clerk of the Circuit Court's office is closed to the public and no appointments are being taken. However, the office staff continues to transact business, Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 12 pm. Citizens are encouraged to utilize the online services - www.ypcircuitcourt.com. In addition, the Clerk of Circuit Court has a drop box available at the Courthouse for individuals who wish to submit Criminal Filings, Civil Filings, Land Recordings, payments, and any other correspondence. *Please do not submit cash. The drop-box will be checked periodically throughout the day between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Friday.
Parks & Recreation
- The non-profit Virginia 30 Day Fund provides forgivable loans for Virginia-based small businesses. The forgivable loan is intended to provide immediate financial assistance (within maximum three days) to meet payroll, preserve healthcare coverage for employees and save jobs while they await recently approved federal funding. For more information or to apply, visit https://va30dayfund.com/apply/. Businesses are urged to check back with the Economic Development website often as resources are added and updated regularly: www.YesYorkCounty.com
Recap of this Week's Status Updates Dr. Steve Julian Video Conferences with York, James City, and Williamsburg Officials Answering Citizen Questions
- To further promote safe social distancing, York County has closed the basketball courts at Charles Brown Park, Kiln Creek Park, and New Quarter Park.
- York County Administrator Neil Morgan, James City County Administrator Scott Stevens, and Williamsburg City Manager Andrew Trivette spoke with Dr. Steve Julian, Acting Director of the Peninsula Health Department, via teleconference. Mr. Morgan, Mr. Stevens, and Mr. Trivette asked Dr. Julian a series of questions that were submitted by citizens over the past several days. Watch the interview for Dr. Julian's information regarding testing, virus spread, and more. The interview - and answers to your questions - is online at https://youtu.be/U-HMrA4-lwg and on the County's website - www.yorkcounty.gov.
- Business owners seeking information regarding the Paycheck Protection Program will find helpful information at www.YesYorkCounty.com. Select the link at the top of the page under the Alert Center, which will lead you directly to helpful links and resources.
The closures/cancellations listing is regularly updated on the County's website - www.yorkcounty.gov
- and is being shared on the County's Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/yorkcountyva/
For a listing of York County phone numbers, visit www.yorkcounty.gov/directory