Beginning Monday, November 26 and continuing through February 9th, residents may place an unlimited number of clear bags of leaves at the front roadside for collection every other week. For leaf collection purposes the county is divided into 2 zones:
- Southern Zone includes all homes south of Dare Road, including neighborhoods in Grafton, Tabb, Brandywine, Coventry, Kiln Creek, Calthrop Neck Road neighborhoods, Running Man, and Cary’s Chapel Road area. Collection weeks for the Southern Zone will be:
November 26 December 10 December 24
January 7 January 21 February 4 (Final Sweep)
- Northern Zone includes all homes on and north of Dare Road, including neighborhoods along Wolf Trap Road, Goodwin Neck Road, and homes in and near Marlbank, Edgehill, Queens Lake, Hubbard’s Lane, Skimino, and Lightfoot. Collection weeks for the Northern Zone will be:
December 3 December 17 December 31
January 14 January 28 February 4 (Final Sweep)
In order to ensure collection, bags must be at the front roadside by 7 a.m. on the Monday of your collection week. Pick up will be completed by the end of the week. The following rules apply:
- Bags must not exceed 40 lbs. in weight
- Only clear bags are collected and must not have drawstrings. Bags must be no thicker than one millimeter.
- Bags containing other yard debris (sticks, etc.) and/or pet waste will not be accepted
York County participates in a regional de-bagging operation performed at the VPPSA Compost Facility. Please help us with this program by purchasing clear bags no thicker than one millimeter and without drawstrings.
For additional information, please call York County Waste Management at (757) 890-3780.