Storm Debris Collection Update
Storm debris collection has begun, and we received an overwhelming response! Please be patient as we work through the hundreds of requests that were received, it may take several weeks or more before pickup is completed at all requested addresses. We are working as quickly, safely and efficiently as we can. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Yard debris placed at the curb should fall within the criteria below:
- Acceptable material size for residential yard debris placed at the curb is 8” diameter and 10’ feet in length.
- Loose yard debris such as grass, leaves and straw must be placed in clear bags.
- Stumps, construction debris, and other materials CANNOT be collected.
- Residents are reminded not to place materials near mailboxes or fire hydrants, under power lines or near power poles, or over water meters, manhole covers, or invisible fences.
- Material should be placed at the curb for collection
Individuals who wish to transport their own yard debris may bring material to the VPPSA Community Compost Facility located behind the Waste Management Center at 145 Goodwin Neck Road. VPPSA will accept residential and commercial yard debris delivered directly to them that is up to 24” diameter and 10’ length. Hours of operation are generally Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information about the Composting Facility, please call 259-9850 or visit www.vppsa.org.