York County Public Library is continuing the phased process of returning to full service. Beginning Sunday, September 5, 2021, the Tabb Library and Grafton Annex Browsing Room will be open on Sundays from 1 to 5 p.m. Curbside service will be available from 1-4 p.m. on Sundays at the Grafton Annex.
The Tabb Library is currently open to the general public Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Grafton Annex Browsing Room is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Saturday. Curbside service is available at the Grafton Annex 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday thru Saturday. Tabb Library and Grafton Annex are currently closed on Sunday. The Yorktown Library is closed for renovation and expansion.
Curbside service and an outdoor book drop are available at the library's Grafton Annex located at 5751 George Washington Memorial Highway. (The Grafton Annex is the building that previously housed Fire Station 1 before its move to Dare Road.) Curbside service is available from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Saturday. Park in one of the curbside service spaces at the rear entrance and call the number posted on the sign. The book drop is also located at the rear entrance to the Grafton Annex. To utilize curbside service and the book drop, library patrons will need to access the parking lot from Grafton Drive, which is a through street that runs behind the facility.
Here’s what you can expect when visiting the Tabb Library or Grafton Annex:
- Masks or other face coverings are recommended to enter the Library.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- Patrons are encouraged to practice social distancing guidelines while in the library.
- All computers are available at the Tabb Library. Computers are not available at Grafton Annex.
- Notary service is available by appointment only at Tabb. Call the Reference Department, (757) 890-5120, to make an appointment. Notary service is not available at Grafton Annex.
- In-person library events, programs, and activities are expanding at Tabb.
- Tabb Group Study room is available by reservation. Call (757) 890-5120 to reserve. Individual study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The meeting room is not available.
- Book drops are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For the health and safety of all, please do not visit the Library if you have COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to someone who tested positive, or are waiting for COVID-19 test results. For the latest COVID-19 information, visit York County's COVID-19 Connection.