The York County Public Library offers a wide variety of free programs and activities.
All aboard! Kids Run Trains returns to the Tabb Library in April for a fun weekend of model trains! Kids of all ages are invited to stop by and operate the Lionel Trains from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 27, and from 1 to 3 p.m. on Sunday, April 28.
- Humble Hero Author Talk and Book Signing with Charles Joyner on April 10 from 6:30-7:30 p.m., Yorktown
- Organize the Chaos on April 13 from 1-2:30 p.m., Yorktown, registration required
- Mastering Your Garden Series - Gardening in Small Spaces on April 13 from 1-2:30 p.m., Tabb, registration suggested
- Understanding Alzheimer’s & Dementia on April 16 from 2-4 p.m., Yorktown, registration required
- Transition to Retirement on April 16 from 6:30-7:30 p.m., Tabb, registration suggested
- DMV Connect on April 17 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Yorktown
- Memory Café on April 24 from 1-2:30 p.m., Tabb
- Tabb Book Readers on April 27 from 1:30-2:30 p.m., Tabb, registration required
- Gentle Yoga on April 29 from 11 a.m. to noon, Yorktown, registration required
- Evening Yoga on April 30 from 6:45-7:45 p.m., Tabb, registration required
- Lego Lovers on April 8 at 4:30 p.m., ages 5-12, Tabb
- Kids Create Rainbows on April 9 at 4:30 p.m., ages 5-12, Tabb, registration begins April 2
- Snuggle Stories on April 11 at 7 p.m., families, Tabb
- Create an Enchanted Garden on April 13 at 10:30 a.m., ages 5-12, Tabb, registration begins April 1
- Monday Morning Homeschoolers on April 22 at 10:30 a.m., ages 6-12, Tabb, registration begins April 15
- Lego Time on April 23 at 3:30 p.m., ages 4 and up, Yorktown
Food for Fines returns April 7-20! Bring nonperishable food items to the Tabb or Yorktown Library to pay your fines. One food item will pay one fine, regardless of the amount of the fine. Bring as many food items as you have overdue books, DVDs or CDs. The Food for Fines program does not apply to charges for lost or damaged items. Bring your canned or boxed food items to the Tabb or Yorktown Circulation desk, along with your library card, to receive credit on your account. Previously opened and expired food items will not be accepted. Donated items will benefit local food closets.
The York County Public Library System will be closed on Sunday, April 21, in observance of Easter. The Tabb and Yorktown Libraries will reopen at 10 a.m. on Monday, April 22.
For information on library programs, visit our website at www.yorkcounty.gov/library or contact the Tabb Library at (757) 890-5120 or the Yorktown Library at (757) 890-5207. Join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yorkcountypubliclibrary. Visit the Tabb Library at 100 Long Green Blvd., Yorktown, VA 23693 or the Yorktown Library at 8500 George Washington Memorial Hwy., Yorktown, VA 23692. Library hours are Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m.
Through an agreement with the Williamsburg Regional Library (WRL), York County residents may utilize the services of both WRL branches: 515 Scotland Street and 7770 Croaker Road. For directions and hours of operation, call (757) 259-4040 or (757) 259-7770.