This summer, the York County Public Library wants teens to go wild with crafts! As part of the Tails & Tales summer reading program, we are offering free Teen Craft Kits, while supplies last. This quick and easy craft can be used to make magnets for yourself, your parents or friends! You can even find your own pictures to cut to size and change up the images. Just visit the Tabb Library Teen Area or use the Grafton Annex Curbside Pickup service to get your craft kit while supplies last. And don't forget to check out our Week 2 Middle & High School Booklist.
- 14 pictures cut into 1-inch circles (or find your own to cut)
- 6 bottle caps
- 6 round epoxy stickers
- 6 magnets with adhesive
- 10 glue dots
- Choose which 6 pictures you want to use for your magnets.
- Place a glue dot on the flat part of the bottle cap.
- Place a picture on top of the glue dot and press down.
- Put a clear epoxy sticker on top of the picture.
- Expose the adhesive on the magnet and press against the back of the bottle cap.
- Repeat with the rest of the supplies to create 6 magnets total.
Weekly Teen/Tween Summer Reading Events
Don't forget that we are offering even more opportunities to create at your library this summer with our weekly Tween/Teen programs at the Tabb Library. Programs are held at two convenient time slots: 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. every Thursday. Here is the full schedule of fun during our Summer Reading Challenge:
- July 15: Folded Book Animals
- July 22: Pet toys
- July 29: Hummingbird Feeder
- Aug. 5: Stop Motion Animation Movies (creation)
- Aug. 12: Stop Motion Animation Movies (screening party)
Registration for all of the in-person programs opens a week before the event date. Visit our online event calendar to register.