Located at 331 Water Street, in the heart of Riverwalk Landing, sits the Freight Shed—Yorktown's premiere waterfront venue. Built in 1935 by the National Park Service after a tropical storm destroyed much of the waterfront, the original building was used as a terminal for Baltimore steamships until 1952. Then, it was remodeled and served as a post office.
The current facility, extensively renovated in 2005 in conjunction with the opening of Riverwalk Landing, is approximately 1,950 square feet with a large brick plaza on the river side of the building. It has hosted many functions including weddings, reunions, parties, banquets, concerts, and business meetings and lectures.