York County Tropical Storm Isaias Debris Collection
The County is offering free storm-debris pickup to those residents who submit a collection request by close of business Tuesday, August 11. Collection requests may be made online at www.yorkcounty.gov/requests or by calling (757) 890-3780. When on the request site, residents should create an account to easily track the status of their request and also so that staff can contact them, if necessary.
Curbside Yard Debris Collections
- Acceptable material size for curbside pickup is 8” diameter and 10’ feet in length.
- All residents who subscribe to the York County curbside solid waste program may schedule two yard debris collections per month (approximately 24 cubic yards) at a rate of $25 per collection. Each additional load collected within 30 days after the first collection will be an additional $100 per load. Non subscribers to the solid waste program may schedule up to two collections within a 30 day period at a rate of $75 per collection.
- Loose yard debris, grass, leaves and straw must be placed in clear bags.
- Stumps, dirt or debris with dirt, construction debris, and other materials cannot be collected.
- Scheduled materials must be at the front roadside by 7:00 a.m. Monday of your collection week.
- The VPPSA Compost Facility will accept residential and commercial yard debris deliveries of material up to a 24” diameter and 10’ length.
- All landscape contractors and residents who do not subscribe to the York County curbside solid waste program who bring yard waste to VPPSA’s Compost Facility will be charged a tipping fee of $38 per ton (prorated).
- Landscape Contractors subscribed to the county's waste program who wish to deliver material from their personal residence are allowed 4 visits (per calendar year) to VPPSA's facility without charge. Visits using their equipment after 4 trips will be charged a fee of thirty-eight dollars ($38.00) per ton.