York County Offices Closed Monday January 20
The following York County government offices and courts will be closed in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Monday, January 20:
- County Offices (to include Waste Management Administration Office)
- All Courts (Courts will also be closed on Friday January 17)
- York-Poquoson Social Services
- Virginia Cooperative Extension
- York County Libraries
The Waste Management Center, VPPSA Composting Facility, and Transfer Station will be open. Curbside garbage and recycling collections will remain on their regular collection schedules.
Curbside Garbage and Recycling Rates
For more information about recycling or other Waste Management programs, or if you would like to subscribe to the County’s Curbside Solid Waste Collections program, please contact the Waste Management Division at 757-890-3780, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., or via our online “CUSTOMER SERVICE REQUEST” system.
York County participates in a regional curbside recycling program that is administered by the Virginia Peninsulas Public Service Authority (VPPSA) and also includes James City County and the Cities of Poquoson and Williamsburg. The contractor for this service is Tidewater Fibre Corp. (TFC Recycling).
Curbside Collection Calendar
Acceptable Materials (Curbside Program Only)View the Acceptable Curbside Materials (PDF)
- Curbside recycling service is available to all single-family homes, most trailer homes, and some multi-family/duplex communities. Please note that carts should be placed at the curb or roadside by 7 a.m. on the morning of your collection day to ensure collection.
- The Basic Service option of York County's curbside solid waste collections program provides one 96 gallon cart for weekly garbage collection and one 96, 65, or 35 gallon cart for every other week collection of recyclable materials. Residents can receive curbside "Recycling Only" service at a rate of $7.50 per month.
- To determine your collection day, you will be directed to the Property Information System (PIS). After entering the PIS program, please enter your address (like 123 Main - do not include the street suffix - Road, Lane, St). Collection day information for recycling and garbage collections can be found under the Waste Management heading. Clicking on the Curbside Collection Calendar link below will further direct you to the calendar showing the schedule for Red and Blue collection weeks.
View the Acceptable Drop-Off Materials (PDF).
Commit to Recycling
We encourage York County residents to join us in our commitment to recycling! If you would like to subscribe, change or discuss your service, please contact the Waste Management Division at 757-890-3780, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., or through our online Customer Service Request.
Remember: recycling saves natural resources and disposal dollars by diverting waste from the garbage stream!