Thanksgiving Holiday Office/Curbside Schedule Changes
All Waste Management operations are closed on Thursday, November 26.
- Garbage and recycling collections normally scheduled for Thursday, November 26, will be collected on Friday, November 27.
- Garbage and recycling collections normally scheduled for Friday, November 27, will be collected Saturday, November 28.
Most operations, including the VPPSA Compost Facility, Goodwin Neck Transfer Station and Citizen Drop-off for recycling and/or garbage disposal will follow normal operating hours on Friday, November 27 and Saturday, November 28.
For more information on the garbage and recycling collection schedule, call Waste Management at (757) 890-3780.
York County participates in a regional curbside recycling program that is administered by the Virginia Peninsulas Public Service Authority (VPPSA) and also includes James City County and the Cities of Poquoson and Williamsburg. The contractor for this service is Tidewater Fibre Corp. (TFC Recycling).
Curbside Collection Calendar
View the Acceptable Curbside Materials (PDF)
- Curbside recycling service is available to all single-family homes, most trailer homes, and some multi-family/duplex communities. Please note that carts should be placed at the curb or roadside by 7 a.m. on the morning of your collection day to ensure collection.
- The Basic Service option of York County's curbside solid waste collections program provides one 96 gallon cart for weekly garbage collection and one 96, 65, or 35 gallon cart for every other week collection of recyclable materials. Residents can receive curbside "Recycling Only" service at a rate of $7.50 per month.
- To determine your collection day, you will be directed to the Property Information System (PIS). After entering the PIS program, please enter your address (like 123 Main - do not include the street suffix - Road, Lane, St). Collection day information for recycling and garbage collections can be found under the Waste Management heading. Clicking on the Curbside Collection Calendar link below will further direct you to the calendar showing the schedule for Red and Blue collection weeks.
The York County Drop-off Center is located at 145 Goodwin Neck Road and is open to anyone wishing to recycle. Hours of operations are Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Commit to Recycling
We encourage York County residents to join us in our commitment to recycling! If you would like to subscribe, change or discuss your service, please contact the Waste Management Division at 757-890-3780, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., or through our online Customer Service Request.
Remember: recycling saves natural resources and disposal dollars by diverting waste from the garbage stream!
Curbside Garbage and Recycling Rates
For more information about recycling or other Waste Management programs, or if you would like to subscribe to the County’s Curbside Solid Waste Collections program, please contact the Waste Management Division at 757-890-3780, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., or via our online “CUSTOMER SERVICE REQUEST” system.