Curbside Garbage Collections
York County Offices Closed Monday January 20
The following York County government offices and courts will be closed in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Monday, January 20:
- County Offices (to include Waste Management Administration Office)
- All Courts (Courts will also be closed on Friday January 17)
- York-Poquoson Social Services
- Virginia Cooperative Extension
- York County Libraries
The Waste Management Center, VPPSA Composting Facility, and Transfer Station will be open. Curbside garbage and recycling collections will remain on their regular collection schedules.
Curbside Garbage and Recycling Rates
For more information about recycling or other Waste Management programs, or if you would like to subscribe to the County’s Curbside Solid Waste Collections program, please contact the Waste Management Division at 757-890-3780, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., or via our online “CUSTOMER SERVICE REQUEST” system.
Residents interested in curbside garbage collection should note the following:
- Available to single family homes, eligible trailer homes, town-homes, and small businesses
- Program subscribers may bring household waste and/or construction debris to the Waste Management Center’s Transfer Station and citizen drop-off center free of charge.
- Subscribers may also schedule a bulk pickup for furniture or appliances at no additional charge.
- Please do not place construction material in your trash receptacle.
- Contractors, residents from other localities and County residents who do not subscribe to the County’s curbside collection program who bring waste to York County’s Transfer Station will be charged a tipping fee of $56.23 per ton (prorated by weight with a minimum fee of $7 for the first 260 pounds for York County and Poquoson residents).
- Subscribing contractors who wish to deliver materials from their personal residences must contact the York County Waste Management Center at 890-3780 at least one week in advance to allow staff to inspect the material to be delivered while still on the grounds of the residence. This is required to ensure that the materials being brought to the transfer station are in fact residential and not commercial in nature.
- Service Charges
- Determine your Garbage Collection Day
- Program Guidelines
- Additional services can be provided at your request, however you will need to call the Waste Management Center to tailor the service to your needs.