- Public Affairs
- New Resident Information
- New Resident Checklist
New Resident Checklist
Set up Utilities
- Electricity. Supplied by Dominion Energy - (866) 366-4357.
- Natural Gas. Where available, natural gas is supplied by Virginia Natural Gas- (866) 229-3578.
- Waste Management. York County recycling services, waste disposal services, leaf collection General Yard Waste Collection, Community Compost Facility, Household Chemical Disposal - (757) 890-3780.
- Water. For your public water source, call York County Utility Billing - (757) 890-3702. Municipal water in the lower County is supplied by Newport News Waterworks- (757) 926-1000. In the upper County, water suppliers include:
- York County - (757) 890-3750
- Newport News Waterworks - (757) 926-1000
- James City County Service Authority - (757) 253-6800
- City of Williamsburg Public Works - (757) 220-6188
- Aqua Virginia - (877) 987-2782
- Private wells are the only source of drinking water in some sections of the County. Well construction must be approved by the Health Department- (757) 594-7305 (lower County) or (757) 253-4813 (upper County).
- Sewers. Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD) manages municipal wastewater treatment in Hampton Roads and bills customers every two months, based on water consumption. For customer service, call HRSD - (757) 460-2491.
- York County Sewer is maintained by Public Works Utilities Operations - (757) 890-3750. Where sewerage is available, residents are billed every two months to maintain the system - (757) 890-3702.
- Septic tank permits are issued by the Health Department, if soil passes a percolation test administered by a department sanitarian - (757) 253-4813 (upper County) or (757) 594-7305 (lower County).
Update your vehicle information
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
- Hampton - 109 Roanoke Avenue, Hampton, VA 23605
- Newport News - 12730 Patrick Henry Drive, Newport News, VA 23602
- Williamsburg - 952 Capitol Landing Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185-4327
- Register your vehicle with the County of York
License your dogs
- York County Treasurer’s Office - (757) 890-3420
School Administrative Offices are located at 302 Dare Road, Yorktown. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday - (757) 898-0300
Register to vote
Change your address at the Post Office
- Grafton Branch - (757) 898-5435