Back Creek Park
2019 Operating Schedule & Hours
Spring, Summer & Fall Hours
Monday, April 1 through Friday, October 25. This is subject to weather and player demand.
- Monday - 4 to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday - Thursday - 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 4 to 9 p.m.
- Friday - Saturday - 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (CLOSED Saturdays beginning October 6)
- Sunday - No Staff on Duty
Friday, October 26 through Sunday, March 31.
- The park office is not staffed.
About the Park
This 27-acre park located at 3000 Goodwin Neck Road offers a free boat launching facility, a picnic area, restrooms, and six lighted tennis courts. Fees are charged for tennis play. Tennis leagues, lessons, and tournaments are also available.
- Boat Launching Facility
- Picnic Area
- Six Lighted Tennis Courts
Boat Landing has a crabbing pier and a picnic area.
When staff is not on duty, courts are available for free play by calling Parks and Recreation or Back Creek Park to obtain lock combinations.
Court reservations are recommended and can be made one week in advance. To make a reservation, please call Back Creek Park at 757-890-3850.
Court Rental Fees
- $5 per match for daytime league
- $8 per match for evening league
- $5/hr per court before 5:00 p.m.
- $8/hr per court after 5:00 p.m.
- $25 per Adult Singles Entry
- $40 per Adult Doubles Team Entry
- $15 per Junior Singles Entry
- $25 per Junior Doubles Team Entry
Use of the practice wall is free of charge as long as court Number 3 is not being used.
- Bicycles, skateboards, in-line skates, hockey or other non-tennis activities
- Climbing on, hitting or kicking balls into fences
- Foul and/or abusive language
- Pets on courts
- Private instruction and/or classes for hire, except as approved by Parks and Recreation
- Sitting, pushing or pulling on tennis nets or center straps
- Street shoes on courts. Only smooth-soled sneakers or tennis shoes may be worn