The mission of the Planning Division is to assist the community in defining and realizing a shared vision for the physical development of the County. The division is responsible for the County’s Comprehensive Plan and for reviewing and making recommendations on land use and development proposals - typically rezoning and Special Use Permit applications - that are presented to the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors for consideration.
- Planning Commission Current Agenda
- Fort Eustis Joint Land Use Study Report
- Annual Reports
- Customer Service Survey
PLANNING COMMISSION WORK SESSION – JULY 27, 2021
The Planning Commission will conduct a work session at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 27, for the purpose of discussing zoning regulations for short-term rentals (tourist homes and bed-and-breakfast establishments). The work session will be held in the meeting room at the Tabb Library (100 Long Green Boulevard) and will be open to the public.
Click here to view the agenda materials.
Pursuant to Ordinance No. 21-4, adopted by the Board of Supervisors May 4, 2021, the following changes to our application filing fees will take effect July 1, 2021:
- Thinking about renting out your house, an accessory structure, or one or more rooms in your house on a short-term basis (i.e., fewer than 90 days), here are some things you need to know:
- I want to get involved with the Comprehensive Plan process. How do I do that?
- Where is the Planning Division office located?
- What is the population of York County?