ART AT THE RIVER, Yorktown’s fourth annual juried art show, returns to Riverwalk Landing in historic Yorktown on Sunday, May 7, 2017 from 10AM – 4PM. The show will feature the works of over 50 artists in a variety of media including paintings, pottery, jewelry, glass arts, photograph, wood and more.
Award winning pencil & charcoal artist and teacher, Mary Lee Ruff, and renowned glass artist and teacher, Ali Rogan, will judge the works of art between 10AM and 12 NOON. In addition, attendees to the show will be able to vote for their favorite artist to win the "People's Choice" award.
Live music will be performed by Sojorn from 11AM to 4PM. The event is FREE and open to the public. Food and drink will be available for purchase.
A Special Exhibit, "Student Art from York County High Schools", will be in the Freight Shed. 10AM-4PM. Faye Davis, a native Virginian, artist and retired York County art educator will judge the student art, and attendees will be able to vote for their favorite student artist.
The event is presented by the Art at the River Committee in conjunction with York County and the Yorktown Foundation, with support from the Celebrate Yorktown Committee, the Economic Development Authority and the York County and Williamsburg Area Arts Commissions.
CALL FOR ARTISTS - Applications are being accepted until January 30, 2017. Click here for additional information and the artist application.
Photo Gallery of the 2016 Art at the River Winners
Best in Show—Russ Turnage - Porcelain Pottery (Lanexa)
- 1st Place - April Alman, Watercolor (Williamsburg)
- 2nd Place - Emily Christoff-Flowers, Pastel (Newport News)
- 3rd Place - Shannon Kuster, Quilting (Yorktown)
- Honorable Mention - Ed Gorham, Oil and Enamel (Richmond)
- 1st Place - Denis Orton, Raku Pottery (Williamsburg)
- 2nd Place - Pat Bell, Mixed Media (Lanexa)
- 3rd Place - Paul Cochrane, Bottlecap Art (Gloucester Point)
- Honorable Mention - Bronwyn Evans, Jewelry (Poquoson)
- 1st Place - Cyndi Goetcheus (Kill Devil Hills)
- 2nd Place - Tony Bijeaux (Norfolk)
- 3rd Place - Shirley Whitenack (Carrollton)
- Honorable Mention - Eric Carlson (Richmond)
People's Choice Award - Pattie Kennedy, Alcohol Ink (Yorktown)