*The J&DR District Court schedule listed below is subject to changes without advanced notice*
Monday: No Court/Mediation Day
Tuesday: Civil and Criminal Cases
Wednesday: No Court
Thursday: Criminal and Juvenile Traffic Cases
Friday: Civil Cases
- Juvenile & Adult Counsel Determinations (Criminal)
Thursday @ 8:30 a.m.
- Adult Counsel Determinations (Civil)
Friday @ 8:30 a.m.
- Video Arraignments/Detention Hearings/Bond Hearings
Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday @ 8:45 a.m.
- Juvenile & Adult Dispositions
Tuesday & Thursday @ 9:30 a.m.
- Preliminary Custody/Visitation
Friday @ 8:30 a.m.
- Juvenile Traffic Dispositions
Thursday @ 1:45 p.m.
Thursday @ 2:00 p.m.
- Juvenile & Adult Criminal Trials
1st, 2nd, & 4th Tuesday @ 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Contested Custody/Visitation/Support cases set by Judge
3rd Tuesday @ 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1st, 3rd, & 5th Friday @ 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Tuesday @ 2:00 p.m.
Friday @ 9:00 a.m. (2nd & 4th Friday of each month are DCSE support cases only)
- DCSE Child Support Show Causes
2nd & 4th Friday @ 10:00 a.m.
- Petitions/Protective Orders
Tuesday @ 1:30 p.m., Thursday @ 9:30 a.m., and Friday @ 11:30 a.m.
- Driver's License Presentations
Thursday @ 3:00 p.m. (as needed)
Non-Traffic Matters*: You must submit a Motion for Continuance (criminal) to our Court prior to the court date. Motions (custody/visitation/support) are available at the Clerk's office as well as on this website in the Forms section.
- Only the Judge can grant a continuance.
- Continuances will not be granted the day of Court.
*Motions for Continuance might not be necessary for counsel appointment and disposition hearings. Contact the Clerk's office to find out if your case meets this criteria.
Traffic Matters: You can call the Clerk's Office at 757-890-3470 to request continuing the case to the officer's next available date in our Court.