Built in 1720, this was the storehouse and office of Richard Ambler while he served as collector of Ports in Yorktown during the Colonial period. It is the oldest custom house still in existence in the United States and is on the National Historic Register. The building is owned by the Comte de Grasse Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, and is open Sunday afternoons from 1-4 PM from Memorial Day through Yorktown Day (October 19th). The Custom House is also open on special occasions and by appointment.
BACK TO TOUR