Your York County Public Library card opens the door to a world of information. The Library offers books, DVDs, CDs, eBooks, eAudiobooks, electronic resources, Internet access and more.
My Library Card
Renew items, place holds, review holds and view overdue items on your account through the My Account feature in the online library catalog. Enter the barcode from the back of your library card to access your account.
Apply for a Library Card
York County Public Library cards are available to all residents of the Commonwealth of Virginia, ages 4 and over, free of charge. To issue a library card to a new patron, the Library requires:
- Proof of Identity such as a driver's license, military ID or passport.
- Proof of Address such as a bill, printed checkbook or automobile registration with the patron's current address.
- Completed application for a York County Public Library card.
- 21 Days - Most books in general circulation, large print books, audio books, children's audiocassettes, music CDs and all magazines except the current issue. Items can be renewed if not on hold for another patron.
- 14 Days - Adult books designated as new, Caldecott and Newbery Award books and all videos. New items cannot be renewed.
You may renew your items in person at the Library, by phone or online. Call the automated account information line at (757) 890-5131 to renew items using your touch tone telephone. You may renew items online 24 hours a day through the My Account feature in the library catalog. You must have your library card number to renew using the automated account feature or online.
Automated Account Information and Renewal System
To use the Automated Account Information Line, call (757) 890-5131 on your touch-tone telephone. Follow the voice prompts to access library hours and locations, account status, renew items, review items checked out or on hold, and cancel items on hold. You must have your library card number to access your account information.
Items may be returned to either the Tabb or Yorktown Library regardless of where you checked them out. Items may also be placed in the outside book drop. Items returned in the book drop before opening will be checked in as if they were returned the previous day.
Fines and Lost/Damaged Items
Fines for overdue materials are listed below. Replacement cost and a processing fee will be charged on all materials lost or damaged beyond repair.
- Adult books, juvenile nonfiction, audio cassettes and CDs: 10 cents per day per item, maximum $5 per item.
- Juvenile fiction and children's books (picture books & easy readers): 5 cents per day per item, maximum $3 per item.
- Videos: 50 cents per day per item, maximum $5 per item.
- Interlibrary Loan Items: $1 per day per item.
Lost Library Cards
A library card that is lost is replaced once free of charge. There is a $2 charge for subsequent replacements.