To be considered for selection as a Volunteer Member of the Department you must:
• must be at least 18 years of age;
• must be a high school graduate or equivalent;
• must have an acceptable Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) driving record;
• must be a US citizen or legally eligible to be employed in the US;
• Certain criminal offenses/convictions may disqualify you from the process
• must agree to sign a No Tobacco Use agreement, which prevents an individual from using any tobacco products at any time, on or off the job, while affiliated as a member of the York County Department of Fire and Life Safety;
• must consent to a Virginia State Police Criminal Background Check;
• must successfully complete a physical agility test;
• must complete an application for volunteer membership;
• if you are accepted, you must successfully complete all of the courses provided and/or required for graduation from the Volunteer Basic Training School.
If you meet these criteria and are interested in serving your community, complete and return a volunteer membership application.