NEW TRASH COLLECTION RATES
EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2013
YOUR BILL HAS A NEW LOOK
We have redesigned our bills in an effort to streamline the payment process and ensure your payments are posted in a timely manner and to the correct account. We have also added general billing information for you to reference at your convenience. Some of the changes are outlined below:
Your payment coupon has been moved from the top of your bill to the bottom. This speeds up the payment process and prevents the Treasurer's Office from having to manually process your payment.
The customer number shown on the bill has been shortened. You still have the same customer number but you will only see the portion that uniquely identifies you. We have removed the last portion which identifies your property address. Please use this shortened customer number when making payments or when calling about your account.
Your bill now shows how much will be due if the balance is not paid by the due date. This is NOT your current balance. Late charges are not assessed until the day after the due date.
Your bill has information on the back side too. This is where we have added a billing schedule to help you keep track of your bills and know when to expect your bill for each billing period. You will also find information on all the different ways to make a payment.
ATTENTION SMARTPAY CUSTOMERS:
Nothing has changed regarding your automatic payments. The amount that will be deducted from your account on the due date is now shown at the bottom of your statement instead of near the top.
Utility Billing is responsible for billing all York County utility charges every two months. York County utility charges include sewer maintenance charges, trash collection and recycling fees, water fees for customers who receive their water from York County, and connection fee payments for new water and sewer services.
We serve over 22,000 accounts and bill over $8.2 million dollars in revenues annually.
We pride ourselves on our customer service. We do our best to provide accurate bills for utility services and quick responses for information whenever requested.
Be sure to contact us if:
- you have questions about your York County Utility Bill
- you buy or sell a house
- you need to make payment arrangements
We offer several convenient ways to pay your bill:
- In person at the Treasurer's Office or in the Drop Box on the front of the building located at 120 Alexander Hamilton Blvd
- By mail - checks should be made payable to Treasurer, York County, and mailed to PO Box 10, Yorktown, VA 23690
- Automatically with SmartPay - your payment is automatically deducted from your checking or savings account on the due date
- Online — with E-Check or credit card PLEASE NOTE - Payments made after 5:00 pm will be credited the following business day
- By Phone - 1-800-272-9829. Select Option 3 and enter Jurisdiction Code 1069 (Payments are made through an outside agency called Official Payments with a credit card only.)
***** There is an extra charge to use a credit card for any of these options.*****