SEWER RATE INCREASE EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2015
Effective March 1, 2015, the residential sewer rate will increase from $48.00 to $52.00 every other month. The new rate will appear on the May 15th billing statement which covers the billing period of March 1 - April 30.
Sewer maintenance rate increases are attributable to the increased cost of maintenance and rehabilitation of the County’s sanitary sewer infrastructure and seventy-plus pump stations, as well as for the capital improvement expenditures necessary to meet the requirements of the Hampton Roads Regional Consent Order executed with the Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Environmental Quality, effective September 26, 2007.
For additional information on the Consent Order, please visit the following pages:
TRASH COLLECTION RATES EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2014
ATTENTION SMARTPAY CUSTOMERS:
Nothing has changed regarding your automatic payments. The amount that will be deducted from your account on the due date is now shown at the bottom of your statement instead of near the top.
Utility Billing is responsible for billing all York County utility charges every two months. York County utility charges include sewer maintenance charges, trash collection and recycling fees, water fees for customers who receive their water from York County, and connection fee payments for new water and sewer services.
We serve over 22,000 accounts and bill over $8.2 million dollars in revenues annually.
We pride ourselves on our customer service. We do our best to provide accurate bills for utility services and quick responses for information whenever requested.
Be sure to contact us if:
- you have questions about your York County Utility Bill
- you buy or sell a house
- you need to make payment arrangements
We offer several convenient ways to pay your bill:
- In person at the Treasurer's Office or in the Drop Box on the front of the building located at 120 Alexander Hamilton Blvd
- By mail - checks should be made payable to Treasurer, York County, and mailed to PO Box 10, Yorktown, VA 23690
- Automatically with SmartPay - your payment is automatically deducted from your checking or savings account on the due date
- Online — with E-Check or credit card PLEASE NOTE - Payments made after 5:00 pm will be credited the following business day
- By Phone - 1-800-272-9829. Select Option 3 and enter Jurisdiction Code 1069 (Payments are made through an outside agency called Official Payments with a credit card only.)
***** There is an extra charge to use a credit card for any of these options.*****