York County Parks now operating under winter hours until spring 2017.
See this Press Release for details: http://bit.ly/2eGtpeK
WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW!
WINTER ACTIVITY GUIDE
Welcome to our online Winter Seasonal
Guide where we hope you will take
advantage of the many exciting
opportunities for fun, learning,
health and relaxation!
York County Park Hours Adjusted for Fall/Winter
York County’s park facilities are now operating under winter hours until spring 2017.
• Back Creek Park Tennis Courts (3000 Goodwin Neck Road, Yorktown, 23692): The office at Back Creek Park is closed through March 20, 2017. Tennis courts are available for free play during these months. Call Parks, Recreation and Tourism at (757) 890-3500 to obtain the gate combination.
• McReynolds Athletic Complex (412 Sports Way, Yorktown, 23693): Winter hours run through February 28, 2017. The complex is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except when it will remain open for the conclusion of scheduled games/activities. The park remains subject to closure during inclement weather.
• National Park Service Beach Picnic Area (800 Water Street, Yorktown, 23690): The Beach Picnic area remains open until dusk each day. However, restroom facilities are closed through March 31, 2017.
• New Quarter Park (1000 Lakeshead Drive, Williamsburg, 23185): From now through March 31, 2017, New Quarter Park is open from 10 a.m. through dusk on Fridays, and 8 a.m. to dusk on Saturdays and Sundays. During open hours, park staff will be on site and restrooms will be available. Visitors are allowed to walk and ride bicycles into the park on weekdays, but vehicles are not permitted. Portable toilets are available inside the gates. Clubs and organizations wishing to use the park for field trips and social events may call Parks, Recreation and Tourism at (757) 890-3513 to arrange for staff assistance.
• Riverwalk Landing Piers and Dockmaster’s Office (423 Water Street, Yorktown, 23690): The public piers, Dockmaster’s Office, and adjacent restroom building at Riverwalk Landing are closed through March 31, 2017. These facilities are not staffed. Dockage is available, however all water and utilities are off. Please contact the Dockmaster at (757) 890-3370 for more information.
• Wolf Trap Park (1009 Wolf Trap Road, Yorktown, 23692) and Chisman Creek Park (1314 Wolf Trap Road, Yorktown, 23692): Wolf Trap and Chisman Creek parks are open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through March 31, 2017. The parks are subject to closure during inclement weather.