Phone: 757-890-3522 TDD: 757-890-3621
Customer Service Survey
"News and Announcements"
Schedule, Cancel or Check Status of inspections
Building Permit Inspection System
Frequently Asked Questions
Building Permit Forms
103 Service DriveP.O. Box 532Yorktown, VA 23690-0532Office Hours: 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F
INSPECTION REQUEST LINE: 757-890-3910
Ralph and Beau's Top Twelve Plumbing Inspection Issues
1. Street address not posted.
2. No approved plans on site.
3. No test on water or sewer.
4. Job not ready for inspection (work not complete).
5. No nail plates or stud shoes.
6. Pipe penetrations in top or bottom wall plates are not firestopped.
7. No strapping at top wall plates where plates are overbored.
8. No hammer arrestor on dishwasher or washer machine box.
9. No temperature limiting device on whirlpool tubs.
10. PVC used as drain piping on water heater overflow pan.
11. No sleeves on pipes through or under foundation walls.
12. Required purple primer not on all PVC joints